WWE RAW Report – 5/20/2013
- Tonight’s WWE RAW opens up with an ambulance arriving backstage as Michael Cole welcomes us to RAW. The ambulance drives out into the arena and parks beside the stage. Ryback comes out of the back of the ambulance and makes his way out as we see stills from his Extreme Rules match against John Cena.
Ryback speaks from the top of the ambulance and says the record books say there was no real winner last night. Ryback says Cena didn’t walk away, he was carried away. We see footage from the Extreme Rules post-show where Cena refused an ambulance ride to the hospital. Ryback guarantees the next time they meet, Cena won’t refuse to be put in the ambulance. Ryback calls the fans stupid. Ryback challenges Cena to an Ambulance Match at WWE Payback. Ryback guarantees he will win. Ryback starts ripping the fans some more. Ryback says Ryback Rules and Cole says the match is official.
- Still to come, Paul Heyman will reveal his new client. Chris Jericho and The Miz vs. Wade Barrett and Fandango is next. Back to commercial.
Fandango and Wade Barrett vs. The Miz and Chris Jericho
Back from the break and out comes Fandango with Summer Rae. Out next comes WWE Intercontinental Champion Wade Barrett with a new theme song. Out next comes The Miz followed by his partner Chris Jericho to a big pop.
Fandango and Barrett argue about who’s going to start. Barrett starts things off with Jericho. They lock up and Barrett applies a headlock and drops him with a shoulder. Jericho comes back with chops and forearms. Barrett with an elbow to the face and a tag to Fandango. Fandango comes in and unloads on Jericho. Fandango beats Jericho down in the corner but Jericho comes back. Fandango drops him with a big boot and tags Barrett back in. They argue some more. Jericho goes to the floor as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Barrett is in control of The Miz. Fandango is out on the floor with Summer. Miz makes a comeback on Barrett and works him over. Miz goes for the Figure Four but Fandango cuts him off on the microphone. Fandango says his name, his music hits and he dances with Summer at ringside, right in the middle of the match. Barrett gets upset and yells at Fandango from the ring. Barrett turns around to shoulders from Jericho. Jericho nails a double ax handle shot from the top. Jericho with a running bulldog and a Lionsault. Jericho nails a Codebreaker and tags Miz back in. Miz applies the Figure Four for the win.
Winners: The Miz and Chris Jericho
- After the bell, Fandango continues dancing with Summer at ringside. Jericho and Miz go to the floor and surround Fandango. He retreats through the crowd and leaves Summer there. Jericho stares Summer down and extends his hand. She takes it and they dance a little. They lock eyes again and Jericho disses her. Jericho walks off laughing as his music hits and Summer throws a fit.
- Still to come, a look back at Lesnar vs. Triple H from Extreme Rules. Also, Paul Heyman will reveal his newest client. Back to commercial.
- Vickie Guerrero comes out and announces that Jack Swagger will compete later tonight. Fans on the WWE App can vote on his opponent – The Great Khali, R-Truth or Randy Orton.
- Kane and Daniel Bryan are backstage talking about losing the WWE Tag Team Titles. Bryan isn’t in the mood for jokes. Kane says he is confident and Bryan should be too. Kane says they get a rematch but Bryan can’t be weak because The Shield preys on weakness. Bryan argues about he’s not the weak link of the team. Kofi Kingston appears and calms them down. Bryan says he will see them in the ring and walks off.
Sheamus vs. Titus O’Neil
We go to the ring and out comes Sheamus. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and we see footage of Mark Henry on the Extreme Rules post-show where he said he was going home. Out comes Titus O’Neil with Darren Young.
They lock up and tangle into the corner before breaking. Sheamus with a headlock now. Titus turns it around and drops Sheamus with a shoulder. Sheamus tosses Titus out to the floor and meets him on the apron. Sheamus with several forearm shots to the chest while on the apron now. Sheamus kicks Titus to the floor and follows. Sheamus grabs Young and tosses him into the barrier. Sheamus turns around to a big clothesline from Titus. Titus brings it back in the ring and hits an overhead slam. Titus with a pin attempt and more offense. Titus keeps control and gets another 2 count before going to a submission.
Titus with more big power moves and pin attempts on Sheamus. Titus goes back to working on the arm. Sheamus fights back with headbutts. Sheamus warns Young and nails two big shots. Sheamus with a shoulder thrust and a high knee. Titus blocks White Noise but Sheamus drops his neck over the top rope. Young gets in a cheap shot on Sheamus, allowing Titus to hit a big clothesline for 2. Sheamus counters in the corner and Titus goes down. Sheamus hits White Noise and a Brogue Kick for the win.
- Up next after commercial, Paul Heyman will reveal his new client.
- Back from the break and here comes Paul Heyman. He tells the fans to go ahead and boo him. Heyman says nothing will change the fact that Brock Lesnar beat Triple H last night. Heyman calls Triple H a loser. He says Lesnar is enjoying life while Triple H had to tuck his sledgehammer between his legs and go home to mommy. Heyman says Lesnar has fulfilled his obligations to WWE. Heyman says it’s time for something new, something different. Heyman says we will replay this moment here in 10 years. Heyman introduces his new client and out comes Michael McGillicutty.
Heyman puts over McGillicutty and mentions him having a legacy. Heyman wonders why he isn’t a main event star already. Heyman says a legacy gets you nowhere in WWE. Heyman announces McGillicutty’s new ring name is Curtis Axel, which pays homage to Larry “The Ax” Hennig and Curt Hennig. Heyman goes on and Triple H’s music hits. Out comes The Game to the ring.
Triple H addresses Heyman but Axel goes to interrupt. Triple H tells him to hush because adults are speaking. Triple H says he isn’t embarrassed about anything at Extreme Rules because he went to war with Brock Lesnar. Triple H threatens Heyman. McGillicutty gets in Triple H’s face. Axel says the game around here has changed. If Triple H wants to talk to Heyman, he’s got to talk to Axel first. Triple H smacks him to the mat. Heyman looks shocked. Triple H says first, he’s going to wrestle Axel tonight. When he gets done, he’s going to kick Heyman’s ass. Triple H drops the mic as Heyman yells at Axel to get up to his feet. Triple H storms out of the ring as Heyman and Axel look on from the ring.
- Still to come, Big E Langston vs. Alberto Del Rio. Back to commercial.
Alberto Del Rio vs. Big E Langston
Back from the break and out comes Ricardo Rodriguez to begin the introduction for new #1 contender Alberto Del Rio. Out next comes Big E Langston with AJ Lee leading the way.
Big E goes right to work but misses a shoulder thrust in the corner. Del Rio applies the cross armbreaker early on but Big E powers up and out, turning it into a powerbomb. Del Rio keeps the hold locked until Big E makes it to the ropes. Del Rio keeps Big E in the hold but Big E rolls out of the ring and powerbombs Del Rio on the floor. Big E works Del Rio over on the floor before bringing it back in. He covers for a 2 count. Big E with more offense including a backbreaker. Big E bends Del Rio over his knee. Big E runs into a pair of boots and Del Rio nails a tornado DDT from the top. Del Rio takes Big E down with clotheslines. Del Rio with a Backstabber and a superkick to the head for another 2 count. Del Rio goes for the cross armbreaker but Big E shoves him out of the ring. Del Rio finally comes back in and nails a big enziguri kick. AJ distracts the referee and Langston pokes Del Rio in the eyes. Langston hits the Big Ending for the win.
Winner: Big E Langston
- Still to come, The Shield vs. Team Hell No and Kofi Kingston. Also, Triple H vs. Curtis Axel. Back to commercial.
AJ Lee vs. Layla
Back from the break and Layla is in the ring with #1 contender AJ Lee. We see footage from Extreme Rules where AJ and Kaitlyn brawled backstage. AJ strikes first and takes Layla down. AJ with two neckbreakers and a 2 count.
Layla makes a comeback with kicks and takes AJ down. Layla mocks AJ and skips around the ring. Layla with another kick and a dropkick. Layla keeps up the attack in the corner. AJ counters a sideslam and locks in her Black Widow submission for the win.
Winner: AJ Lee
- After the match, AJ straddles Layla and blows her a kiss before pushing her head back to the mat.
- Still to come, fans on the WWE App will pick Jack Swagger’s opponent. Also, Triple H vs. Curtis Axel, the former Michael McGillicutty. We go to commercial.
Cody Rhodes vs. Zack Ryder
Back from the break and Ryder is already going at it with Rhodes. Ryder comes off the second rope but Cody ducks. Ryder with a dropkick and some more offense. Cody turns it around and stomps Ryder down in the corner. Cody with a slam and a 2 count. Cody works on the arm now. Ryder comes back and hits his usual moves. Ryder nails the big right hand in the corner and then the Broski Boot. Ryder covers for a 2 count. More back and forth. Cody hits a Disaster Kick for the win.
Winner: Cody Rhodes
- After the bell, Ryback’s music hits and out he comes as Cody leaves the ring. Ryback nails Ryder with a Meathook clothesline when he gets up. Ryback nails a big powerbomb and then Shellshocked on Ryder. Ryback tosses Ryder out of the ring and takes him to the ambulance that is still parked beside the stage. Ryback throws Ryder in the back of the ambulance. The ambulance starts up with its sirens on and leaves the arena with Ryder in the back.
- Still to come, Kofi Kingston and Team Hell No will face The Shield. Back to commercial.
The Shield vs. Team Hell No and Kofi Kingston
Back from the break and out comes WWE United States Champion Dean Ambrose with WWE Tag Team Champions Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns through the crowd. They cut a promo before the match. Ambrose says The Shield brought power back to the titles. Ambrose talks about how they broke The Rock down and cost him the WWE Title. Ambrose says we will never see Undertaker because of them. Ambrose goes on talking about how they beat up Ryback and John Cena. Ambrose says they were non-believers, the fans heroes. Ambrose says one by one, they all go down. Rollins speaks next and says they are the future. Rollins says this is just the beginning. Reigns says the ending, that stays the same. Put them in front of us, we take them out. Reigns says the hounds of justice run this yard and they carry the collars to back it up. Kane’s pyro goes off and out he comes with Daniel Bryan. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Kofi Kingston is out now. He starts off with Ambrose. They lock up and trade holds. Kofi takes Ambrose down first for a quick pin attempt. More back and forth and Ambrose with a pin attempt. Ambrose slaps him and Kofi goes for a 2 count. Kofi catapults Ambrose across the ring and arm drags him. Bryan tags in and hits Ambrose with kicks and uppercuts in the corner. Bryan with a running knee and kicks to the back. Bryan drops a knee for a 1 count on Ambrose. Rollins tags in but Bryan drops him and drops an elbow. Bryan goes for the surfboard submission as Rollins screams in pain.
Bryan keeps Rollins in the corner. Kane tags in and unloads on Rollins. Kane with a big right hand in the corner. Kane stomps away and drops Rollins with an elbow for 2. Kofi tags back in for a bit of double teaming in the corner. Kofi works on the arm of Rollins and takes him back to the mat. Kofi drops a knee on the arm. Rollins turns it around and hits a shoulder tackle. They run the ropes and Kofi dropkicks Rollins for a 2 count. Rollins rams Kofi in the corner and Reigns tags in. Reigns takes control of Kofi and beats him down in the corner. Reigns chokes Kofi with a boot. Reigns with more big shots on Kofi. Kofi tries to make a comeback but Reigns cuts him off and slams him on his face for a 2 count. Ambrose comes back in and they double team Kofi. Ambrose takes Kofi to the mat and stretches him. Ambrose keeps control of Kofi for another 2 count. Rollins comes back in and they keep Kofi down.
Rollins with a big slam into the turnbuckle for a 2 count on Kofi. Kofi powers up and fights Rollins off. Rollins slams him and mocks Kofi’s taunts. Kofi takes him down with a headscissors and tags in Bryan. Bryan goes at it with Rollins and hits a big clothesline. Bryan with a running dropkick in the corner. Rollins gets to his knees and Bryan unloads with more kicks as the crowd chants with him. Bryan covers for 2. Bryan goes to the top but Rollins knocks him off. Ambrose tags in and climbs up with forearm shots to Bryan. Ambrose goes for a superplex but Bryan drops him on his face from the top. Bryan nails a missile dropkick on Ambrose for a 2 count. Bryan locks in the No Lock but Ambrose makes it to the ropes. Reigns pulls Ambrose to safety. Bryan knocks Rollins off the apron. The Shield regroup on the floor as their opponents stand tall and we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Kane is in control of Reigns. Kofi tags in and goes up top for some double teaming with Kane. Reigns decks Kofi with a big right hand. Ambrose tags in and works over Kofi. Ambrose rakes Kofi’s face over the rope. Kofi mounts him in the corner with a series of right hands as the crowd counts. Kofi with a big European uppercut. Bryan tags back in. Rollins ends up coming in and powerbombing Bryan into the turnbuckles. Rollins with a 2 count. Rollins with more rights on Bryan. Reigns comes back in and levels Bryan with a big clothesline. Reigns taunts Bryan and applies a submission. Bryan fights back but Reigns stops him with an elbow and a big knee to the face. 2 count for Reigns. Ambrose comes back in to keep control of Bryan. Ambrose with a 2 count. Bryan finally fights Ambrose off with headbutts. Ambrose stops him with a knee to the gut and Rollins comes back in. Ambrose is back in for more of the same. The Shield taunts Bryan but he starts to fight back. Kane finally gets the tag and unloads on The Shield. Reigns catches a huge slam and clothesline. Kane with a clothesline in the corner and another. Kane with a sideslam and a 2 count on Reigns as Ambrose makes the save. Kofi comes off the top and takes Ambrose out. Bryan and Kofi run the ropes and dive out on opposite sides, taking out Ambrose and Rollins on the floor. Kane and Reigns go at it now. Kane with a big DDT for a 2 count. Rollins sends Kofi into the ring post. Ambrose takes out Bryan. Kane runs over Reigns with a big boot. Kane calls for a chokeslam but Ambrose comes off the top. Kane decks him. Kane grabs Reigns for a chokeslam but Rollins springboards in and breaks it. Reigns nails Kane with a spear for the win.
Winners: The Shield
- We see footage of Paul Heyman introducing Curtis Axel earlier tonight. He will face Triple H in tonight’s main event. Triple H is shown backstage taping up. A trainer comes in and says doctors don’t want Triple H competing tonight. Triple H says he’s going out there and if the doctor doesn’t like it, he can seek employment elsewhere.
- Still to come, fans will pick Jack Swagger’s opponent. Back to commercial.
- Back from the break and Kaitlyn is backstage talking to Natalya about her secret admirer. Someone has been texting Kaitlyn and she has a number for them now. Cody walks by texting and they check his phone. It’s not Cody, he’s just posting photos of himself on the internet.
Jack Swagger vs. Randy Orton
We go to the ring and out comes Jack Swagger with Zeb Colter. Jerry Lawler announces Swagger’s opponent, chosen by fans on the WWE App, and it is Randy Orton. Out he comes to a big pop.
Back from the break and they lock up to start the match. Swagger takes Orton to the mat and works on his shoulder. Orton fights up and out, connecting with a dropkick. They go outside the ring and Orton back drops Swagger on the barrier. Orton brings it back in the ring but Swagger goes back out. Orton meets him on the floor with a big clothesline. Orton brings it back in and covers for a 2 count. Orton works Swagger over in the corner with right hands. Orton with a big suplex and another pin attempt.
Swagger goes for Orton’s leg but Orton makes a comeback. Orton stomps away but is limping now. Swagger takes out Orton’s knee and starts working on the leg. Orton dumps Swagger out to the floor. Orton follows and brings him back to the apron. Orton goes for a draping DDT off the apron but Swagger rams him back into the barrier. Swagger beats up Orton outside of the ring now before bringing him in for a 2 count. Orton gets knocked off the top and out to the floor as we take another commercial break.
Back from the break and Swagger takes control of Orton. Swagger with big knees in the corner. Swagger charges but misses and hits the ring post. Orton ends up on the top with Swagger. Orton nails a big superplex. Orton with stomps and uppercuts now. Swagger with a belly-to-belly suplex for another 2 count. Swagger misses a Swagger Bomb and gets kicked in the gut. Orton with clotheslines and a powerslam. Swagger blocks the second rope draping DDT and drops Orton on his head for another 2 count. Swagger goes for the Patriot Lock but Orton breaks it. Orton with a backbreaker and a 2 count. Orton hits the draping DDT and readies for the RKO. Swagger blocks it and applies the Patriot Lock. Orton rolls through and breaks the hold but Swagger re-applies it. Swagger switches legs but Orton makes it to the bottom rope and breaks the hold. Orton kicks Swagger away and out of the ring. Swagger comes back in but Orton nails a RKO for the win.
Winner: Randy Orton
- We get a look back at earlier tonight when Ryback made the Ambulance Match for the Payback pay-per-view against John Cena. Still to come, Curtis Axel vs. Triple H. Back to commercial.
Triple H vs. Curtis Axel
Back from the break and out comes Triple H for tonight’s main event. Out next comes Paul Heyman with Curtis Axel, the former Michael McGillicutty.
Axel taunts HHH to start the match. Axel leans into Heyman for some advice or encouragement. HHH charges and takes Axel to the corner for a beatdown. HHH with a big clothesline and another. HHH with a 2 count. HHH warns Heyman that he’s coming for him. HHH dumps Axel out to the floor in front of Heyman. Axel comes back and unloads on HHH in the corner. The referee backs him off but he goes right back to work. HHH turns it around and beats Axel up in the corner. Axel connects with a dropkick and covers for 1. Axel with a right hand to to the back of the head and a choke in the corner.
Axel turns it back around with another dropkick. Axel comes off the second rope for a 2 count. Axel with a headlock now as Heyman cheers him on from ringside. HHH fights to his feet and breaks the hold. HHH rams Axel back in the corner with shoulder thrusts. HHH with the jawbreaker. HHH with a big spinebuster but he’s moving slow. HHH sends Axel outside of the ring and slams his face into the apron. HHH is selling some kind of injury. Axel fights him off on the floor with right hands. HHH comes right back with a clothesline. HHH brings Axel back in the ring but has trouble getting on the apron. HHH is disoriented now. HHH takes a seat at a chair and asks for water. Heyman looks on shocked. HHH pours the water on himself and comes back to the ring apron as the crowd cheers. He goes down to one knee and stumbles back to the chair. Trainers are checking on him now. HHH tries to stand up again but falls. Trainers tell him he’s done and to relax. The crowd starts chanting for Triple H. HHH struggles to get up again but falls back down. He struggles with trainers as RAW goes off the air.
Latest WWE News MORE WWE NEWS »
- WWE Announces Slammy Award Nominees for “LOL!” Moment of the Year
- WWE Helps March of Dimes, More on WrestleMania Location Announcements
- Backstage Update on Richards and Edwards, Who’s the Safest In WWE?, Santino Marella
- Backstage News on Tons of Funk Turning Heel, Speculation on Orton Winning at TLC, Eva
- WWE Hall of Famer Has Surgery Today, Possible WWE DVD, WWE Polls Fans on Daniel Bryan
- WWE Working on New DVD with Composer Jim Johnston, Latest Alumni Addition, Otunga
Latest TNA News MORE TNA NEWS »
- Brooke Tessmacher Talks About Being a Twerker, Her Finishing Move, Being Competitive
- Spoilers: Top TNA Veteran May Have Finished Up at Thursday’s Impact Wrestling Tapings
- Spoilers: TNA Impact Wrestling Tapings for 1/9/14
- Spoilers: Full TNA Impact Wrestling Tapings for 1/2/14
- TNA Impact Report – 12/5/2013
- Backstage News on AJ Styles’ TNA Contract Status, TNA Signs AAA Wrestler?, Jeff Hardy
Latest Wrestling PhotosMORE WRESTLING PHOTOS »
- Wrestling Stars In Halloween Outfits – Henry As Rick Ross, Velvet Sky As Kill Bill, Kelly Kelly & More!
- Maryse Looking Good In New Candid Shots
- Hot Photos of Miss Tessmacher Showing Off
- Recent Photos of Nikki Bella Out with Friends
- WWE NXT Diva Raquel Diaz Posing
- Lots of Photos of Cody Rhodes’ Wife Brandi Posing
Latest Wrestling Videos MORE VIDEOS »
Pay Per View
Over The Limit
No Way Out
Money In The Bank
Night of Champions
Hell in a Cell
WWE RESULTS »